Ejector Gun for Droplet Dispensing
The Nordson ejector gun for droplet dispensing is designed to provide fast, accurate application of adhesive and mastic materials to automobile panels. The ejector gun automatically applies adhesive droplets ranging in size from 2.5 to 7.5 cubic centimeters (ccs) on hoods, doors and decklids for anti-flutter bracket attachment.
The ejector gun is precision metered to provide accuracy and repeatability within .1 cc. The gun is ideal for dispensing high viscosity materials including mastics and heat-cure epoxies. The modular design of the ejector gun permits easy maintenance and allows flexibility for changing assembly line configurations.
Features and Benefits
- Pre-determined, fixed shot volumes allow for repeatability within .1cc.
- Modular design permits easy maintenance.
- Shot sizes are easily adjusted within the operating range of 2.5 to 7.5 ccs.
- Magnetic proximity switches sense fullydispensed and fully-loaded conditions.
- Material is isolated from air supply, reducing maintenance and downtime.
- Three nozzle types are available to meet specific application requirements.
- Optional temperature conditioning maintains uniform material temperature throughout the distribution system.
Flexible Nozzle Configurations
The Nordson ejector gun can be configured with one of three nozzle types to meet specific application requirements.
- Flexible Nozzle: Easily adjusts to meet varying height specifications.
- Rigid Tube: Provides maximum accuracy while maintaining height adjustability.
- Tapered Nozzle: A shorter nozzle tube is ideal for singledrop, one-gun configurations.
|Minimum Mounting Space||1.8 inches center to center (4.6 cm)|
|Shot Size||2.5 to 7.5 ccs|
|Minimum Cycle Time||5 seconds (1.5 seconds dispense, 3.5 seconds reload)|
|Compressed Air Requirement||60 – 120 psi (4.2 – 8.4 kg/cm2)|
|Actuation||Air open, air closed w/spring assist. Metering valves adjust actuation speeds.|
|Electrical Requirements||Supply Voltage: 10 – 30 VDC. Operational Current: 200mA|
|Operating Temperature Range||35Þ – 140ÞF (1.67Þ – 60ÞC)|
|Fluid Orifice||1/4 NPT or Std. 0.6 inch OD nozzle w 3/8 inch NPS nut|
|Minimum Material Viscosity||50,000 centipoise|
|Operating Pressure Range||750 – 3,500 psi (52.7 – 246 kg/cm2) (proportional to fluid viscosity)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||5,000 psi (352 kg/cm2)|